Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
Asking questions is a powerful tool for teachers, both to foster learning and to assess learners in the moment. In this workshop we will apply learning theory to educational practice, and offer practical ways to use questions to teach, to assess learners’ understanding, and to model life-long learning. This workshop is designed for health professions educators who predominantly teach in clinical settings.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to
- list the uses of questioning in a clinical teaching setting,
- compose questions to direct higher student thinking,
- discuss (and subsequently apply) advanced questioning strategies, and
- solve an existing clinical teaching problem with questioning.
Facilitators: Andrew MacDiarmid