Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Basic Medical Sciences Building: Room-Frederic Gaspard Theatre
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
The MEDS Conference is a powerful educational event that casts a critical eye on the balance of benefit and harm of the interventions we prescribe every day. A collaboration between the Max Rady College of Medicine and College of Pharmacy, this full day Saturday event is free of industry support. It features accomplished speakers that will entertain and sharpen your judgement as you make therapeutic decisions with your patients.
- At the conclusion of this educational activity, the participant should be able to:
- Recognize the strengths and limitations of the medical evidence and clinical practice guidelines for common health conditions.
- Explore key examples from the past and present to highlight set-backs, advancements, and shifts in diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to the current management of acute and chronic conditions.
- Understand the responsibility of health professionals to effectively incorporate patient preference and values into therapeutic decision-making.
- Explore practical approaches to challenging therapeutic issues using clinical evidence and clinician expertise.
Dr. John Mandrola, MD, F.A.C.C.
Dr. John Mandrola is board-certified in cardiovascular disease, internal medicine, and cardiac electrophysiology, a sub-specialty dealing with heart rhythm disorders. He is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
Dr. John Mandrola practices cardiac electrophysiology at Baptist Health in Louisville, KY. Electrophysiology is a specialty within cardiology that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of patients with heart rhythm disorders. He is a graduate of Hobart and William Smith College and the University of Connecticut Medical School. He received his internal medicine, cardiology, and electrophysiology training at Indiana University. He was awarded the outstanding fellow award in his final year of training.
This is an inter-professional conference targeting all specialist disciplines, physicians, pharmacists, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, residents, medical and pharmacy students, and other health professionals.
Early Bird Registration Fees
Register before January 25 and save!
Physician Early Bird: $200.00
Pharmacists Early Bird: $85.00
Other Health Professional Early Bird: $85.00
Resident Early Bird: $50.00
Student Early Bird: $30.00
Registration Fees after January 25
Other Health Professional: $100.00
This event is also available via livestream. You will be emailed connection information prior to the event.
A full refund less a $35 administrative fee will be given if cancelled 14 days or more before each event date. No refund will be given past this date.