Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
Thinking of delivering courses online? Curious about how it feels to teach and learn in this type of setting? OEFD’s Teaching Online course can help you adapt your face to face classroom experience to these types of courses. Develop skills by working through an online course firsthand as part of a cohort of learners. The coursework is designed to assist you in planning and creating your online course as well as exploring different ways to facilitate learning in this medium.
- compare and contrast the characteristics of teaching face to face and teaching online
- identify ways to support students and their learning in an online course
- revise traditional course materials to work in an online course
- adapt teaching strategies to the online setting
- design assessments that meet the specific needs of an online course
UM Learn – mostly asynchronous, work at your own convenience, while meeting weekly or biweekly assignment deadlines. There is one live, synchronous session in March.
Time Commitment: 2 – 3 hours per week (minimum)
Facilitator: Steve Yurkiw