Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
Digitally through the University of Manitoba
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
This session will be available by online only
June 4, 2021 – Chronic Diseases Day
0830 – Pediatric asthma management during COVID19 – Elissa Abrams
0910 – What’s new in Heart Failure in 2021 – Kiran Sidhu
0950 – Managing COPD during the Pandemic – Justin Ling
10:30 – SPONSOR BREAK
1100 – Diabetic kidney disease updated management – Chris Sathianathan
1145 – Breast Cancer Update – Ethel MacIntosh
1230 – Pitfalls of CV risk assessment, Threshold to start statin and Treatment Targets – Thang Nguyen
- Review the additional burden of Chronic disease during the pandemic (scholar, communicator)
- Review Cardiovascular disease assessment and treatment targets (medical expert, collaborator)
- Review optimization of Asthma and COPD management with COVID19 threat (advocate, collaborator
- Review Evidence based Breast Cancer management (scholar, medical expert)
- Review the evidence for traditional and newer pharmaceuticals in the management of Diabetic Nephropathy (medical expert, scholar)
Fridays at the University Bannatyne Campus Program 2020 to 2021
This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for up to 4.5 Mainpro+ credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 4.5 hours.
Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended.
The University of Manitoba CPD Medicine Program is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME).