Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
Digitally through the University of Manitoba
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
This session will be available by online only
October 15, 2021
0830 Update: Severe STI Outcomes – Pierre J. Plourde MD, FRCPC
0920 The 7th Wave: Managing Alcohol Use in the Community – Erin Knight MD, CFPC, ISAM
1010 Benzodiazepines and the new CPSM Standard of Practice– Marina Reinecke MBChB, CCFP (AM), ISAM
1130 Cannabis Update/What’s on the Street – Ginette Poulin B.Sc., B.Sc.(H.N.S.), RD, MD, CCFP
1155 The Streetwise Practitioner: An Incredibly Brief Introduction – Rebecca Coish BSc (Med)
1220 Addictions and the CODI Program – Josh Nepon MD, FRCPC
- Explain how blood borne infections disproportionally affect patients who suffer with substance use disorder and identify best practices in diagnosis and management. (Medical Expert, Collaborator, Health Advocate, Scholar)
- Recognize the impact of alcohol use disorder as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic on the community and implement a strategy for discussing and managing alcohol use disorder in practice with their patients. (Medical Expert, Communicator, Health Advocate, Scholar)
- Summarize important aspects of the CPSM Standard of Practice for Prescribing Benzodiazepines and Z-drugs, including best practices and a practical approach to communicating and implementing deprescribing strategies. (Medical Expert, Communicator, Health Advocate, Scholar)
- Identify and enlist resources that are available to the practitioner and their patients in the clinical/hospital setting to manage cannabis misuse disorder. (Medical Expert, Communicator, Collaborator, Health Advocate)
- Recognize the various substances and their terminology in the community and explain how these substances are utilized. (Medical Expert, Communicator, Collaborator, Health Advocate)
- Discuss how to manage patients and comprehend the culture of populations with co-occurring mental health and substance use diagnoses and illustrate a plan of referral and co-management. (Medical Expert, Collaborator, Health Advocate)
Other health professionals: $75
This event is available via livestream. You will be emailed connection information prior to the event.
Only paid registrants can receive credits and access speakers’ presentations post-event.
This one-credit-per-hour Self Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for up to 4.5 Mainpro+ credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 4.5 hours.
Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended.
The University of Manitoba CPD Medicine Program is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME).
Per CPD Medicine policy, the department requires any refund or cancelation request to be submitted in writing up to 14 days before an event. A $50 administrative fee will be withheld to cover transaction and administrative costs. Refund or cancelation requests made less than 14 days before an event may be considered on a case-by-case basis