Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Chown Building: Room 474, George & Fay Yee Centre for Healthcare Innovation
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
Young adults are highly susceptible to mental health problems. RFHS instructors may encounter students struggling with mental health issues that are affecting their behaviors, learning interactions and academic performance. These situations can be stressful, time-consuming, and potentially involve risks to personal safety for the students and others. This interactive workshop will include case studies that address risk assessment, response alternatives, and on- and off-campus resources.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to
- identify major reasons for high levels of mental health problems in students
- identify early warning signs of mental health problems in students
- describe the elements of an effective vs ineffective response to mental health problems
- describe the resources, and how to access the resources, available to faculty to support students with mental health problems.
Arlana Vadnais & David Ness