Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events to your Personal Calendar
Digitally through the University of Manitoba
This session will be online only.
0830 Emergency contraception (EC)+ Medical abortion – Carol Scurfield, MD
0920 One Day at a Time; Alcohol Use in Pregnancy – Heather Watson, MD
1010 SCAD, Takotsubo cases in young females/women – Shuangbo Liu, MD FRCPC
1100 Stretch Break
1130 Transgender Health: A Primary Care Approach to Feminizing Therapies – Christine Buchel, MD
1220 Zaagi’idiwin: Full Spectrum Indigenous Doula Care – Melissa Brown
1320 Closing remarks
• Select and implement an appropriate abortion method and develop a followup treatment plan for patients (medical expert, communicator)
• Understand and mitigate the maternal and fetal effects of alcohol in pregnancy, and develop a long term treatment plan for pregnant women with substance use disorder (collaborator, health advocate, medical expert)
• Diagnose, treat, and manage the unique needs of female patients with SCAD or Takosubo (medical expert, communicator)
• Recognize barriers and deliver improved care for transgender and nonbinary individuals (health advocate, leader)
• Describe the role and benefits of a doula providing prenatal, perinatal, newborn, and postpartum care (collaborator)
Other health professionals: $75
This event is available via livestream. You will be emailed connection information prior to the event.
Only paid registrants can receive credits and access speakers’ presentations post-event.
This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for up to 4.5 Mainpro+ credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 4.5 hours.
Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended.
The University of Manitoba CPD Medicine Program is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME).
Per CPD Medicine policy, the department requires any refund or cancelation request to be submitted in writing up to 14 days before an event. A $50 administrative fee will be withheld to cover transaction and administrative costs. Refund or cancelation requests made less than 14 days before an event may be considered on a case-by-case basis