Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Basic Medical Sciences Building: Room-Frederic Gaspard Theatre
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
APRIL 5 – OTITIS, TINNITUS, AND SINUSITIS: ENT SPOTLIGHT
At the conclusion of this event participants should be able to:
- Apply recent advances in diagnosis and management of non- allergic rhinitis and determine when to refer. (Medical Expert, Scholar, Collaborator)
- Identify common head and neck lesions identified in primary care and formulate a management plan including consultation for surgical intervention. (Medical Expert, Collaborator)
- Examine and apply new evidence in the management of children requiring adenotonsillectomy. (Scholar, Medical Expert)
- Explain etiologies and management strategies when counseling patients who suffer from dizziness and vertigo symptoms. (communicator, Medical Expert)
- Implement a diagnosis and management plan for patients presenting with idiopathic facial pain. (Collaborator and Medical Expert)
0820 – Welcome and Introductions
0830 – Rhinology: Rhinitis with Emphasis on Non-Allergic Rhinitis – Arnold Frohlich, MD, FRCSC
0920 – Head and Neck: HPV Related Oropharyngeal Cancer, Thyroid Nodules, Hyperparathyroidism – Paul Kerr, BSc, MD, FRCSC
1010 – Pediatric Otolaryngology: Epistaxis, Adenotonsillectomy, Hearing Loss – Daren Leitao, MD, FRCSC & Jodi Jones, BSc (Med), FRCSC
1100 – Lunch Break
1140 – Neuro-Otology: Dizziness and Vertigo – Les Garber, MD, FRCS (C)
1210 – Otology: Chronic Draining Ear, Facial Nerve Paralysis, Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss – Jordan Hochman, MD, FRCSC
1240 – Neurology & Head & Neck Overlap: Idiopathic Facial Pain – Brian Blakley, BSc, MD, PhD, FRCSC
New this year – all University of Manitoba CPD events are automatically available to all MBTelehealth sites.
- Reserve your location through the coordinator at your preferred site prior to registering for the event.
- Register online at cpd-umanitoba.com. Only paid registrants can receive credits and access speakers’ presentations post-event.
This program has received in-kind support.