Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Basic Medical Sciences Building: Room-Frederic Gaspard Theatre
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
Objectives for the Day
- Provide their patients with safe physical activity advice and basic physiotherapy exercises (Communicator, Collaborator, Medical Expert)
- Advise their elderly patients on activities for falls prevention (Communicator, Scholar, Medical Expert)
- Recognize and manage patients with seasonal affective disorder (Scholar, Medical Expert)
- Utilize non-pharmacologic management for both insomnia and panic disorder in their practice (Communicator, Scholar, Medical Expert)
- Manage a patient on their bariatric surgery journey (Communicator, Collaborator, Health Advocate, Medical Expert)
- Discuss intermittent fasting with their patients (Collaborator, Health Advocate, Medical Expert)
- Interpret lab abnormalities and modify medications in patients on the ketogenic diet (Communicator, Collaborator, Medical Expert)
0820 – Welcome
0830 – Physical Activity in Musculoskeletal Disorders – Jean-Francois Berard, MCISc, BMR, PT, BSc, CEP, FCAMPT
0845 – The 5-minute In-Office Physio – Angele Skinner, BMR-PT
0905 – Preventing Falls in the Elderly – Melissa Skrabek-Senecal, CAT
0925 – Questions
0945 – Seasonal Affective Disorder – Dr. Jennifer Ruzhynsky, MD
1000 – Non-Pharmacologic Management of Insomnia – Dr. Norah Vincent, Ph.D., C.PSYCH
1025 – Non-Pharmacologic Management of Panic Disorder – Dr. Tanya Sala, MD, FRCPC
1045 – Questions
1100 – Lunch
1145 – Managing your Patient Pre and Post-Bariatric Surgery – Cindy Sanchez, RN, BN, CDE and AmberLee Anderson, RD
1210 – Intermittent Fasting – Kathy Ladd, R.D and Dr. Maleen Avery, MD, CCFP(SEM), FCFP, Dip Sport Med
1235 – The Keto Diet: Lab Abnormalities and Medication Adjustments – Dr. Jonathan Gabor, MD, FRCPC SCH
1305 – Questions
Other health professionals: $80
This event is available via MBTelehealth sites throughout Winnipeg and Manitoba. Please check your site for availability and reserve prior to registering. This event is also available via livestream. You will be emailed connection information prior to the event.
Only paid registrants can receive credits and access speakers’ presentations post-event.
Fridays at the University Bannatyne Campus Program 2019 to 2020
This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for up to 4.5 Mainpro+ credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 4.5 hours.
Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended.
The University of Manitoba CPD Medicine Program is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME).