Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Basic Medical Sciences Building: Room-Frederic Gaspard Theatre
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
This session will be available by online only – Stay tuned for updated information
- To develop a differential diagnosis for cough and headache/facial pain (medical expert, scholar)
- Understand which investigations are appropriate for diagnosis of chronic cough and headache/facial pain (collaborator, medical expert)
- When it is appropriate to refer patients to consultants for unresolved symptoms (collaborator, communicator)
- To name the “red flags” for cough and headache/facial pain that would prompt urgent action (medical expert, communicator)
- Develop a list of treatments for these symptoms, when a probable diagnosis is entertained chronic cough and facial pain/headache (scholar, medical expert)
- To name the various types of chronic pain, develop an algorithm for the determination of the cause, to help with investigation and treatment of the pain (Medical expert, collaborator)
0820 – Welcome
0830 – Cough and the Upper Aerodigestive Tract -Mark Barker
0850 – General Diagnostic Approach to Chronic Cough – Justin Ling
0910 – GI perspectives on Chronic Cough – Wayne Manishen
0930 – Role of the SLP in Chronic Refractory Cough – Colleen Braun-Janzen
0950 – Questions
1010 – Facial Pain/Headache – Satnam Nijjar
1030 –Temporomandibular disorders: the relationship between headaches, neck and ear pain – Reynaldo Todescan
1050 – Headaches from a Cervicogenic Point of View, and Physiotherapy Interventions – Steve Moerman
1110 – Questions
1130 – Closing Remarks
Approach to workups and referrals for cough – respiratory vs. GI vs. ENT | Headaches and facial pain – neurology vs. ENT vs. dental/TMJ | Neuropathic vs. somatic pain | Palliative vs. non-cancer pain | Acute vs. chronic pain
Other health professionals: $80
This event is available via MBTelehealth sites throughout Winnipeg and Manitoba. Please check your site for availability and reserve prior to registering. This event is also available via livestream. You will be emailed connection information prior to the event.
Only paid registrants can receive credits and access speakers’ presentations post-event.
Fridays at the University Bannatyne Campus Program 2019 to 2020
This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for up to 3.0 Mainpro+ credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 3.0 hours.
Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended.
The University of Manitoba CPD Medicine Program is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME).