Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Basic Medical Sciences Building: Room-Frederic Gaspard Theatre
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
Join us as we examine these topics from top to bottom – from primary care management of concussion to common foot pathologies and how to evaluate them.
At the conclusion of this event participants should be able to:
- Implement an introductory assessment and management plan for children and adults with acute concussion. (Medical expert)
- Formulate a management plan for a patient with persistent post-concussion symptoms as per Manitoba protocols. (Medical Expert, Scholar)
- Discuss the diagnosis and treatment strategies for the most common wrist and hand ailments seen in the primary care setting. (Medical Expert)
- Carry-out a time efficient, evidence based assessment when diagnosing and managing low back pain in the outpatient clinic .(Medical Expert, Scholar, Leader)
- Demonstrate the management of common musculoskeletal injuries using collaborative strategies from a rehabilitation expert. (Medical Expert, Collaborator)
- Recognize everyday foot pathologies and evaluation strategies through the lens of the podiatrist. (Collaborator)
0800 :: Registration and continental breakfast
0820 :: Welcome and introductions
0830 :: Primary care management of concussion in Canada – Michael Ellis, MD, FRCSC
0920 :: Common Clinical Wrist/Hand Problems Encountered in the Primary Setting– Stéphane Lenoski BSc, MD, CCFP (SEM), Dip. Sport Med, CSEP-CEP
1010 :: Evidence-based Management of Low Back Pain – Neil Craton B.Sc., M.D., M.H.K., M.C.F.P. (SEM), Dip. Sport and Exercise Med.
1100 :: Lunch and networking break
1140 :: Physiotherapy on the Go: How to Help your patients get moving and start healing from their injuries – Jean-Francois Berard, MCISc, BMR, PT, BSc, CEP, FCAMPT
1230 :: Common Non-Traumatic Foot Problems – Amar Gupta BSc. (Hons) Pod. Med., PgCert. Theory Podiatric Surgery
** speakers and topics may be subject to change
Other health professionals: $80
This event is available via MBTelehealth sites throughout Winnipeg and Manitoba. Please check your site for availability and reserve prior to registering. This event is also available via livestream. You will be emailed connection information prior to the event.
This event was co-developed with the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba and was planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 4.5 hours.
The College of Pharmacists of Manitoba recognizes learning activities that have been accredited by The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (MOC) and/or The College of Family Physicians of Canada (Mainpro+). Pharmacists can claim these learning activities as accredited in their Professional Development Log.
Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended.
The University of Manitoba CPD Medicine Program is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME).