Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
Incorporating a Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) lens in curriculum planning helps support inclusiveness and anti-racist pedagogies in our teaching. In this workshop we will explore ways to review your course content and teaching strategies with an EDI lens, and discuss practical ways you can embed EDI into your curricula.
After completing this workshop, you should be able to:
- examine evidence based approaches to embedding EDI in the curriculum and develop a clear picture of what embedding EDI in the curriculum looks like,
- discuss methods to assess curricula against EDI goals,
- explore strategies to review and embed EDI in your curriculum, and
- explore the practical challenges of changing pedagogy and practice, and how to overcome them.
Facilitators: Jackie Gruber & Joanne Hamilton
This event was co-developed with the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba and was planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance.
This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for up to 1.5 Mainpro+ credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 1.5 hours. Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended.
The University of Manitoba CPD Medicine Program is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME).