Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
While there is no immunity to conflict in healthcare contexts, positive outcomes may be facilitated by constructive management of many challenging situations. As healthcare teams are central to patient treatment, teaching healthcare professions students how to recognize and work effectively with team conflict is essential in their training. In this two-part workshop, participants will experience several teaching strategies while exploring how to effectively manage conflict at the individual and team level.
Although each part of this series is designed to be self-contained, participants will receive the greatest benefit by attending both sessions.
Through participation in this two-part workshop, participants will be able to
- identify their personal conflict management orientation
- recognize the effect of individual conflict management orientation within team dynamics
- review team conflict issues identified in healthcare professions literature
- apply team conflict management strategies to healthcare professions conflict teaching cases
- appraise conflict management teaching strategies used throughout the workshop as tools for their teaching context
This series was co-developed with the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba and was planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance.
This Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for up to 4.0 Mainpro+ credits.
This series is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 4.0 hours.
Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended.
The University of Manitoba CPD Medicine Program is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME).