Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
St. Boniface General Hospital-Research Centre: Samuel N. Cohen Auditorium: R Block
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
Each year over 2,300 Heart Attacks are treated at St. Boniface Hospital. The Manitoba ACS Network is committed to improve outcomes in these patients. This network is tasked to ensure that Heart Attacks patients have guideline based care optimally, consistently and safely administered throughout the province. Our network employs Recommended Standards, Algorithms, review of local protocols, partnering with EMS and reporting of key performance indicators to ensure quality. We have strong links to health care providers working at First Nations sites to address their specific needs.
The ACS Network annual “Heart Attack Day” is designed to teach Manitoba physicians, nurses, pharmacists, EMS and Educators optimal care of patients with Heart Attacks. Didactic lectures, workshops and panel discussions will be employed for this educational event.
- Increase their knowledge of the contemporary management of patients presenting with an Acute Myocardial Infarction: from pre-hospital care to rehabilitation
- Increase their knowledge of the challenges of caring for patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction in rural/remote communities
- Increase their knowledge of the medications used in the treatment of Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Increase their knowledge of considerations upon hospital discharge for patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction
Nurse/Other Health Professional: $75