Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events to your Personal Calendar
Digitally through the University of Manitoba
**As part of our efforts to ensure the health and safety of our community, staff, students and faculty, and in alignment with University of Manitoba policy, UM requires that masks be worn, and physical distancing to be practiced. Please contact the CPD office regarding any concerns.**
Participants will apply EKG basics knowledge and take their learning further in this interactive, case-based workshop.
At the conclusion of this educational event, participants will:
- Analyze basic EKG patterns of the most common arrhythmias offered in clinical guidelines and 12-lead EKG abnormalities. (family medicine expert, scholar)
- Discuss the clinical correlates through case studies, of each of these abnormalities as an aid in interpretation and clinical utilization. (family medical expert, communicator)
- Identify EKG abnormalities consistently causing difficulties with interpretation and employ tips for correct interpretation. (family medicine expert, scholar)
- Explain that consultants are available by phone, e-mail, text, or E-consults to aid in problem resolution. (communicator, collaborator)
Registrants must complete the following required documentation
- Needs Assessment
- Session Evaluation
- Mainpro+ Post-reflective Activity
These documents will be sent to registrants via email.
Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Other Health Professions: $200.00
As Per CPD Medicine policy, the department requires any refund or cancelation request to be submitted in writing up to fourteen (14) days prior to the program or session start date . A $50 administrative fee will be withheld to cover transaction and administrative costs. Refund or cancelation requests made less than fourteen (14) days notice may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This event is not available via MBTelehealth sites throughout Winnipeg and Manitoba and also not available via livestream.
Only paid registrants can receive credits and access speakers’ presentations post-event.
This three-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for up to 6.0 Mainpro+ credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 2.0 hours.
Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended.
The University of Manitoba CPD Medicine Program is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME).