Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Basic Medical Sciences Building: Theatre D-Skills Lab
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
**As part of our efforts to ensure the health and safety of our community, staff, students and faculty, and in alignment with University of Manitoba policy, effective Tuesday September 14, 2021 anyone visiting the Bannatyne Campus will be required to provide proof of vaccination (vaccination card or QR code) before entering the campus. CPD Event attendees without swipe card access may access the Bannatyne campus via the Brodie Centre main doors, 727 McDermot Avenue from 5:30 am – 5:30 pm. If you do not have a vaccination card or QR code you may still come onto campus for in- person activity; however, you will require a negative asymptomatic test prior to entering. UM requires that masks be worn, and physical distancing to be practiced. Please contact the CPD office regarding any concerns.**
Brush up on your suturing skills with this new hands-on workshop. Multiple suturing techniques and best practices will be reviewed.
At the conclusion of this educational event, participants will:
- Formulate a method of how to evaluate wounds that may require suturing. (Family medicine expert)
- Identify suturing materials that are required for a variety of wound care scenarios. (Family Medicine Expert, Scholar)
- Perform simulated wound care management using different methods of closure. (Family Medicine Expert)
- Discuss post procedure wound care with patients and their caregivers to ensure best outcomes. (Communicator, Health Advocate)
- Identify clinical presentations that require consultation for specialist care. (Collaborator)
Registrants must complete the following required documentation:
- Needs Assessment
- Session Evaluation
- Mainpro+ Post-reflective Activity
These documents will be sent to registrants via email.
Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Other Health Professions: $200.00
As Per CPD Medicine policy, the department requires any refund or cancelation request to be submitted in writing up to fourteen (14) days prior to the program or session start date . A $50 administrative fee will be withheld to cover transaction and administrative costs. Refund or cancelation requests made less than fourteen (14) days notice may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This event is not available via MBTelehealth sites throughout Winnipeg and Manitoba and also not available via livestream.
Only paid registrants can receive credits and access speakers’ presentations post-event.