Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Pathology Building: Theatre E: P133
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
**As part of our efforts to ensure the health and safety of our community, staff, students and faculty, and in alignment with University of Manitoba policy, effective Tuesday September 14, 2021 anyone visiting the Bannatyne Campus will be required to provide proof of vaccination (vaccination card or QR code) before entering the campus. CPD Event attendees without swipe card access may access the Bannatyne campus via the Brodie Centre main doors, 727 McDermot Avenue from 5:30 am – 5:30 pm. If you do not have a vaccination card or QR code you may still come onto campus for in- person activity; however, you will require a negative asymptomatic test prior to entering. UM requires that masks be worn, and physical distancing to be practiced. Please contact the CPD office regarding any concerns.**
Participants will apply EKG basics knowledge and take their learning further in this interactive, case-based workshop.
At the conclusion of this educational event, participants will:
- Review basic EKG patterns of the most common arrhythmias offered in clinical guidelines and 12-lead EKG abnormalities. (family medicine expert, scholar)
- Discuss the clinical correlates through case studies, of each of these abnormalities as an aid in interpretation and clinical utilization. (family medical expert, communicator)
- Identify EKG abnormalities consistently causing difficulties with interpretation and employ tips for correct interpretation. (family medicine expert, scholar)
- Explain the various resources and supports that are available from consultants to aid in problem resolution. (communicator, collaborator)
Registrants must complete the following required documentation:
- Needs Assessment
- Session Evaluation
- Mainpro+ Post-reflective Activity
These documents will be sent to registrants via email.
Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Other Health Professions: $200.00
As Per CPD Medicine policy, the department requires any refund or cancelation request to be submitted in writing up to fourteen (14) days prior to the program or session start date . A $50 administrative fee will be withheld to cover transaction and administrative costs. Refund or cancelation requests made less than fourteen (14) days notice may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This event is not available via MBTelehealth sites throughout Winnipeg and Manitoba and also not available via livestream.
Only paid registrants can receive credits and access speakers’ presentations post-event.