Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
Digitally through the University of Manitoba
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
Fitness to Drive: Driver Assessment Workshop
Learn the essentials to effectively perform driver fitness assessments, review the medical conditions for the report, and ensure that the medical standards are met.
- Explain the Health Care Professional’s role in the evaluation of driver fitness, including reporting requirements and methods. (Family Medicine expert, Professional)
- Recognize the national medical standards for some common medical conditions, and how to assess whether a patient meets those standards. (Family Medicine expert, scholar)
- Recall sources of information that can be used to assist in patient evaluation as well as how to access this information. (Communicator, health advocate)
- Recall the Manitoba Public Insurance (MPI) process for assessing drivers with medical conditions that might affect driving ability. (Scholar, collaborator)
- State the tools utilized by MPI in making licensing decisions. (Family Medicine expert, scholar)
Registrants must complete the following required documentation:
- Needs Assessment
- Prerequisite Reading
- Session Evaluation
- MainPro+ Post-reflective Activity
These documents will be sent to registrants via email.
Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Other Health Professions: $200.00
This event is not available via MBTelehealth sites throughout Winnipeg and Manitoba and also not available via livestream.
Only paid registrants can receive credits and access speakers’ presentations post-event.
Full refund less a $35 administrative fee if cancelled 10 days or more prior to the event. No refund will be provided after this time.