Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Basic Medical Sciences Building: Room 216-218
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
A practical workshop focused on in-office assessments, effective office, bedside and community interventions, and developing a plan for long-term management of diabetic foot ulcers.
At the conclusion of this learning event, participants will be able to:
- Determine etiology of diabetic foot ulcers (DFUs) recognizing neuropathies, infection & vascular impairment.
- Recognize the features of acute Charcot foot that deem if a medical emergency.
- Use the 60-second foot screen to assess risk for DFUs & implement prevention strategies.
- Illustrate the roles of wound debridement & foot offloading in the treatment of the diabetic foot.
- Manage DFUs in collaboration with a specialist & through the use of appropriate local resources.
Registrants must complete the following required documentation:
- Needs Assessment
- Session Evaluation
- MainPro+ Post-reflective Activity
These documents will be sent to registrants via email or handed out during the event.
Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Other Health Professions: $200.00
This event is not available via MBTelehealth sites throughout Winnipeg and Manitoba and also not available via livestream.
Only paid registrants can receive credits and access speakers’ presentations post-event.
Full refund less a $35 administrative fee if cancelled 10 days or more prior to the event. No refund will be provided after this time.