Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Basic Medical Sciences Building: Room 216-218
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
A practical workshop focused on in-office assessments, effective office, bedside and community interventions, and developing a plan for long-term management of diabetic foot ulcers.
At the conclusion of this learning event, participants will be able to:
- Determine etiology of diabetic foot ulcers (DFUs) recognizing neuropathies, infection & vascular impairment.
- Recognize the features of acute Charcot foot that deem if a medical emergency.
- Use the 60-second foot screen to assess risk for DFUs & implement prevention strategies.
- Illustrate the roles of wound debridement & foot offloading in the treatment of the diabetic foot.
- Manage DFUs in collaboration with a specialist & through the use of appropriate local resources.
Registrants must complete the following required documentation:
- Needs Assessment
- Session Evaluation
- MainPro+ Post-reflective Activity
These documents will be sent to registrants via email or handed out during the event.
Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Other Health Professions: $200.00
This event is not available via MBTelehealth sites throughout Winnipeg and Manitoba and also not available via livestream.
Only paid registrants can receive credits and access speakers’ presentations post-event.
This three-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for up to 6.0 Mainpro+ credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 2.0 hours.
Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended.
The University of Manitoba CPD Medicine Program is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME).
Full refund less a $35 administrative fee if cancelled 10 days or more prior to the event. No refund will be provided after this time.