Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Basic Medical Sciences Building: Theatre D-Skills Lab
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
POSTPONED – STAY TUNED FOR FUTURE DATES
Rotate through four stations, including fine needle biopsy, particle repositioning maneuver in BPPV, ear cleaning and nasal packing and cautery.
- Explain the supporting evidence, indications and contraindications for fine needle biopsy, the particle repositioning maneuver, ear cleaning and nasal packing and cautery in general practice.
- Explain the relevant procedure to a patient including the indication, procedural risks and aftercare instructions.
- Demonstrate appropriate technique in performing fine needle biopsy, the particle repositioning maneuver, ear cleaning and nasal packing and cautery.
- Identify common complications of the above mentioned procedures, including appropriate management strategies for each complication.
Registrants must complete the following required documentation:
- Needs Assessment
- Session Evaluation
- MainPro+ Post-reflective Activity
These documents will be sent to registrants via email or handed out during the event.
Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Other Health: $200.00
This event is not available via MBTelehealth sites throughout Winnipeg and Manitoba and also not available via livestream.
Only paid registrants can receive credits and access speakers’ presentations post-event.
Full refund less a $35 administrative fee if cancelled 10 days or more prior to the event. No refund will be provided after this time.
Please be advised, in accordance with the new Mainpro+ standards, the College of Family Physicians of Canada requires that all participants are obliged to complete a post-reflective activity within 30 days of the activity in order to claim three credits per hour for the Skills Workshop. This post-reflective exercise will be emailed to participants the day of the activity.
Participants will receive a certificate of participant/letter or credit hours upon completion of all components, including the post-program requirements. Participants not completing all of the required program elements will only be eligible to claim non-certified Mainpro+ credits.
MOC Section 1
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 2.0 hours. : Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended