Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Basic Medical Sciences Building: Room 219-221
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
Learn the essentials to effectively perform driver fitness assessments, review the medical conditions for the report, and ensure that the medical standards are met.
- Explain the Health Care Professional’s role in the evaluation of driver fitness, including reporting requirements and methods. (Family Medicine expert, Professional)
- Recognize the national medical standards for some common medical conditions, and how to assess whether a patient meets those standards. (Family Medicine expert, scholar)
- Recall sources of information that can be used to assist in patient evaluation as well as how to access this information. (Communicator, health advocate)
- Recall the Manitoba Public Insurance (MPI) process for assessing drivers with medical conditions that might affect driving ability. (Scholar, collaborator)
- State the tools utilized by MPI in making licensing decisions. (Family Medicine expert, scholar)
Registrants must complete the following required documentation:
- Needs Assessment
- Prerequisite Reading
- Session Evaluation
- MainPro+ Post-reflective Activity
These documents will be sent to registrants via email or handed out during the event.
Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Other Health: $200.00
This event is not available via MBTelehealth sites throughout Winnipeg and Manitoba and also not available via livestream.
Only paid registrants can receive credits and access speakers’ presentations post-event.
Full refund less a $35 administrative fee if cancelled 10 days or more prior to the event. No refund will be provided after this time.