Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Basic Medical Sciences Building: Theatre D-Skills Lab
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
- Explain the indications, contraindications and complications of joint injections with their patient
- Evaluate best medical evidence to identify which medications to use for intra articular joint injections
- Perform an examination of a knee and shoulder joint to assess joint markers for safe injection
- Demonstrate an intra articular injection of the knee and shoulder joint on a simulations model
Full refund less a $35 administrative fee if cancelled 10 days or more prior to the event. No refund will be provided after this time.
Registrants must complete the following required documentation:
- Needs Assessment
- Session Evaluation
- MainPro+ Post-reflective Activity
These documents will be sent to registrants via email or handed out during the event.
Please be advised, in accordance with the new Mainpro+ standards, the College of Family Physicians of Canada requires that all participants are obliged to complete a post-reflective activity within 30 days of the activity in order to claim three credits per hour for the Skills Workshop. This post-reflective exercise will be emailed to participants the day of the activity.
Participants will receive a certificate of participant/letter or credit hours upon completion of all components, including the post-program requirements. Participants not completing all of the required program elements will only be eligible to claim non-certified Mainpro+ credits.
MOC Section 1
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 2.0 hours. : Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended