Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
– 7 rural focused emergency cases.
– Lectures/Debriefs following each case
– Practice procedures during cases as well as a dedicated session following cases (Chest Tube, IO, Cricothyroidotomy, Intubation with adjuncts, Central Lone Insertion)
1) Organize a team approach to the resuscitation of a simulated critically ill patient.
2) Apply leadership skills in a simulated clinical setting.
3) Demonstrate effective communication skills in a simulated resuscitation.
4) Appraise the limitations and scope of the rural medicine environment with respect to resources and skill maintenance.
At the conclusion of this educational activity, the participant should be able to:
1) Demonstrate an organized approach to managing unstable patients in a simulated environment with the following clinical presentations:
a) unstable medical patient
b) unstable poly-trauma patient
c) unstable patient with a toxic ingestion
d) unstable pediatric patient
2) Apply an algorithmic and organized approached to airway management in a simulated critically ill patient.
3) Practice skills related to crisis resource management in the resuscitation setting.
4) Evaluate team performance and group dynamics after a simulated resuscitation case.