Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
Southern Health: Boundary Trails Health Centre: Multi-purpose Room
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
In order to address the unique clinical characteristics of each community, the Community-Based Program is based in three locations (i.e. Steinbach, Morden/Winkler and Thompson (also covering northern sites via MBTelehealth) and a community physician in each area who chair the sessions. These physicians identify the learning needs of their colleagues and work with the U of M CPD Medicine Program to organize CPD events.
The Community-Based Program is supported by an unrestricted education grant from the Office of Rural and Northern Health.
This program will take place on the following dates:
Sep 12, Oct 08, Nov 21, Dec 12, 2019
Jan 9, Feb 13, Mar 12, Apr 16 and May 14 – offered via Zoom conference
Agenda for May 14
AM (10am-12pm) will be resident project presentations, moderated by Dr. Earl, Zoom link https://zoom.us/j/99868121208, meeting ID 998 6812 1208.
- Dr. Jacob Miller – Resident continuity of care.
- Dr. Jessica Lezen – Pneumococcal vaccination rates amongst elderly patients with COPD.
- Dr. Osama Jarkas – How high will we go: A chart audit of cannabis use in Morden, MB.
- Dr. Kavi Abbu – Health Care Brought Closer By Distance: Increasing Virtual Care Visits at CW Wiebe Medical Centre
- Drs. Annie Gong, Melissa Bullock, and Nicole Wiens – Don’t hurt me: NSAIDs use in Chronic Kidney Disease
PM (1pm-3pm) will be COVID19 education session provided by the BTHC medical leadership team, moderated by Dr. Dhala, Zoom link https://zoom.us/j/96044375263, meeting ID 960 4437 5263. This session will be recorded, same as last session.
- Drs. Abbu and Allen – Pathophysiology, presentations, natural history, complications, and lessons learned.
- Dr. Abbu – Testing strategies.
- Dr. Hesom – What PPE is appropriate.
- Dr. Woelk – COVID19 and palliative care – discussions with patients and their families.
Trauma day | Travel health | Radiologists – lumbar/MRI screening | Movement disorder | Dermatology
A full refund less a $35 administrative fee will be given if cancelled 14 days or more before each event date. No refund will be given past this date.
Physician Annual Fee $985
Other Health Professional $385
Physician Single Session $195
Other Health Professional Single Session $80
Resident/Student Single Session $40