Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Chown Building: Room 207
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
- Understand medical-legal requirements for medical documentation
- Implement strategies towards best practice on record keeping
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the Standards of Practice for physicians for medical record keeping in Manitoba (Medical Expert)
- Describe the medico-legal responsibilities related to medical record keeping. (Professional)
- Discuss the use of the medical record as a tool to enhance professional communication (Communicator)
- Demonstrate best practices in medical record keeping in practice (Scholar, Leader)
0815 – 0830 Check-in and Welcome
0830 – 0930 Medical Record Keeping: What Does the College Require?
0930 – 0945 BREAK
0945 – 1115 SOAP notes, forms flow sheets, sample charts
1115 – 1200 Effective Consults
1200 – 1245 LUNCH
1245 – 1345 Electronic Medical Records: Effective Use
1345 – 1545 Exercises/Practice/Questions re: Particular Cases
1545 – 1600 Wrap-up, Closure and Evaluations
Location: A207 Chown Building, 753 McDermot Avenue
Please note: There are pre-readings and post workshop follow-up.
Consults and referrals (all pages)
Documentation (all pages)
CPSM standards for the practice of medicine: pages 23-27
CMPA elearning modules (do Documentation, and Documentation: charting medical records; they have audio and visual components)
This program has received in-kind support from Accuro/QHR Technologies.