Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
Venue: Lakeview Hecla Resort
Venue Website: https://www.lakeviewhotels.com/hotels/hecla/Address:
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
The Manitoba Association of Asian Physicians (MAAP) Summer Symposium in partnership with the University of Manitoba is designed to provide a wide range of timely and challenging topics relevant to physicians and other health care professionals in outpatient and inpatient settings. The main program objectives are to enhance clinical competence and improve patient care. This program will feature a combination of lectures, case studies and hands-on activities.
This program will be of interest to:
Physicians, Dentists, Residents/Students, Nurses, Dental Hygienists, Pharmacists and Other Health Care Professionals.
At the conclusion of this educational activity, the participants should be able to:
- Understand how metabolomics and food can be used to survey processes in health effects.
- Discuss, review and provide epidemiology, case studies and clinical framework in regards to the Zika Virus.
- Understanding the definition and technical aspects as well as indications and clinical benefits of SBRT.
- Overview of the evolution of DLBC treatment in the past decade.
- Provide updates on new and provincial guidelines for management of chronic kidney disease (CKD). Overview of risk based approach to CKD care.
- Updates, overview and management of Rheumatic diseases, conditions and treatments.
- Discuss the latest pharmaceutical treatments for these encountered conditions.
- Identify when to refer a patient to a rheumatologist.
This event was co-developed with the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba and was planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance. This Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for up to 11.5 Mainpro+ credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 11.5 hours.
Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended.
The University of Manitoba CPD Medicine Program is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME).
Cancellation Fees: $35
Refund Policy: A registration refund will be made upon written request prior to July 15, 2017. A $35 administrative fee will be retained. No refunds will be made for cancellations after the session date.
For Hotel accommodations, questions and requests , please contact Hecla Lakeview Resort and Conference Centre. https://www.lakeviewhotels.com/hecla
PLEASE NOTE registration deadline for hotel accommodations is July 24, 2017. Accommodations can not be guaranteed after this date.