Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Brodie Centre: Room-000, Clinical Learning & Simulation Facility
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
This simulation course offers a unique hands-on perspective on learning procedural sedation and analgesia, using a case-based format that is speciﬁcally tailored to emergency medicine. Course consists of pre-reading material, 1 hour didactic interactive lecture and 2 hours of hands-on practice with simulated cases and includes management of complications.
- List indications and contraindications for procedural sedation and analgesia (PSA).
- Describe an approach to PSA.
- Explain the pharmacology for 4 medications used in PSA.
- Compare the WRHA and Professional Association guidelines for PSA.
- Practice PSA techniques through simulation.
- Develop an approach to managing common complication of PSA.