Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Brodie Centre: Room-000, Clinical Learning & Simulation Facility
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
This simulation course offers a unique hands-on perspective on learning procedural sedation and analgesia, using a case-based format that is speciﬁcally tailored to emergency medicine. Course consists of pre-reading material, 1 hour didactic interactive lecture and 2 hours of hands-on practice with simulated cases and includes management of complications.
- List indications and contraindications for procedural sedation and analgesia (PSA).
- Describe an approach to PSA.
- Explain the pharmacology for 4 medications used in PSA.
- Compare the WRHA and Professional Association guidelines for PSA.
- Practice PSA techniques through simulation.
- Develop an approach to managing common complication of PSA.
The following documents must be reviewed prior to attending the course:
This simulation course offers a unique hands-on perspective on learning procedural sedation and analgesia, using a case-based format. In order to maximize the amount of time spent learning with simulation, we expect participants to review the pre-course documents prior to attending the course. This should take approximately 1-2 hours of time to read and review the material, depending on your previous experience with procedural sedation.
The course begins with a mandatory (1 hour) lecture reviewing the important concepts of procedural sedation. The remaining time (2 hours) is spent with small groups running simulated cases and managing complications of procedural sedation, and takes place at your hands-on session at the time slot you have been assigned. Please wear loose, comfortable clothing to class. The course will not require bending and lifting, but you should have free movement to perform procedures.
Please read and carefully review the cancellation policy prior to submitting your registration.
- Cancellations more than 6 weeks from the course date will receive a FULL refund, minus a $100 administration fee.
- Cancellations within 4-6 weeks of the course date will receive a 50% refund.
- There will be NO REFUNDS for cancellations less than 4 weeks from the course date.
Participants who have registered may transfer their registration to another person, but this responsibility lies with the original participant.
Please contact Trisha Bedard at 204-789-3626 or Trisha.Bedard@umanitoba.ca for any cancellation and transfer requests.
The Department of Emergency Medicine reserves the right to cancel any course thirty (30) days prior to the course date. Registrants will be notified by email. A full refund will be issued for any cancelled course. The Department of Emergency Medicine is not responsible for any costs, including but not limited to, airline or hotel fees or penalties.