Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
Capability in quality improvement (QI) science is essential to meet the challenge of improving outcomes across the health care system. As leaders playing a key role in engaging all health care professionals, you must have practical experience with QI tools and methods. This course provides an introduction to QI methods, including a focus on efficiency and access, through lecture, small-group work and hands-on learning, where you will have the opportunity to develop a plan for improving an area of your own system.
Who should take this course:
This course is open to anyone, particularly new or aspiring physician managers & leaders.
- Describe the theory and science of Quality Improvement (QI) in healthcare
- Discuss common sources of waste in healthcare
- Apply tools that reveal and explore patterns and processes within your system
- Explain and apply the Model for Improvement in healthcare
- Discuss techniques for identifying ideas for improvement / change in health care
- Apply course content to a quality improvement agenda in the context of your organization