Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Chown Building: Room 474, George & Fay Yee Centre for Healthcare Innovation
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
***THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED. UPCOMING DATE IN NOVEMBER TO BE ANNOUNCED.
Critical Skills for Health Care Leaders:
Great leaders achieve results by building trusting and effective relationships through respectful, candid communication and this is especially true during high-stakes situations when emotions run strong. With Crucial Conversations, you can further develop your leadership skills to:
- establish and maintain better relationships;
- gather and negotiate divergent perspectives; and
- achieve better results with honesty and integrity.
After completing Crucial Conversations, participants will have the skills to:
- pinpoint when conversations become crucial;
- engage others in addressing challenging issues;
- steward emotional, high-stakes conversations toward resolution and action;
- identify challenges facing leaders in the healthcare system; and
- acquire practical tools to deal with challenges facing healthcare leaders.
This course is open to all faculty of the Max Rady College of Medicine, and Rady Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Manitoba.
$500 Course fee. Space is limited.
Dr. Shaundra Popowich, MD, FRCSC, MBA
Registration Cancellation Policy: A registration refund will be made upon written request on or before April 23, 2020. A $35 administrative fee will be retained. No refunds will be made for cancellations after this date.