Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events to your Personal Calendar
Digitally through the University of Manitoba
All providers with experience in delivering CBT for mood, anxiety, or PTSD in primary care, specialty, or self-help organizations are eligible for training . Primary care physicians and specialists who are interested in using CBTm strategies as part of their individual or group-based treatments are also welcome.
- Participants will learn about the development of and rationale behind CBTm classes for mood, anxiety, and posttraumatic stress symptoms/disorder.
- Participants will learn about the work our team has done to date in implementing CBTm classes across over 20 sites in the country (primary care, military, veterans, and self-help organizations) on reducing wait times and improving symptoms.
- Participants will learn how the CBTm content has been adapted for use with public safety personnel and the results of a pilot randomized controlled trial in this population.
- Participants will receive 7.5 hours of training in CBTm class content and monitoring the outcomes of the classes.
- Following training, participants will have the opportunity to engage their clients in a research study to evaluate a web-based, self-directed CBTm course.
Workshop times are in Central Standard Time zone on the following two Wednesdays:
February 9, 2022
1200 – 1300 Background, implementation and science behind CBTm classes
1300 – 1315 Overview of training
1315 – 1330 Break
1330 – 1430 Class 1 CBT Model, cognitive therapy
1430 – 1445 Break
1445 – 1545 Class 2 Behavior therapy, goal setting
1545 – 1600 Break
1600 – 1700 Class 3 Healthy living, sleep
February 16, 2022
1200 – 1300 Class 4 Problem solving,
1300 – 1315 Break
1315 – 1415 Class 5 Responding to stress , Wellness plan
1415 – 1430 Break
1430 – 1600 Implementation, research and evaluation of classes, and web-based course
1600 – 1615 Break
1615 – 1700 Feedback and evaluation of training
This workshop will be delivered online via Zoom only. Connection details will be emailed to registered participants 24 hours in advance of the session date.
Other health professionals: $65
As Per CPD Medicine policy, the department requires any refund or cancelation request to be submitted in writing up to fourteen (14) days prior to the program or session start date . A $50 administrative fee will be withheld to cover transaction and administrative costs. Refund or cancelation requests made less than fourteen (14) days notice may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This event was co-developed with the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba and was planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 8.5 hours.
Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended.
The University of Manitoba CPD Medicine Program is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME).