Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Buhler Atrium
Spend Saturday morning with us at our new jam-packed Breakfast with the Experts series! Located in our sunny Buhler Atrium, three speakers will present on common infectious disease topics and guide the learner through practical case studies that address barriers to change in day-to-day practice. Space is limited, so register early! This session is of interest to family physicians, specialists, allied health and residents.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Formulate a comprehensive approach to diagnosing and managing acute and chronic sinusitis.
- Identify barriers that practitioners face in communicating management strategies for sinusitis with their patients
- Differentiate common viral exanthems that are managed in daily practice.
- Implement strategies to address barriers in knowledge that practitioners have in identifying cutaneous lesions.
- Recognize antibiotic resistant bacterial infections that are observed in the community.
- Illustrate the barriers practitioners face in managing bacterial resistant infections.
Richard Gall MD, FRCPC
Assistant Professor, Department of Otolaryngology, University of Manitoba
Shane Silver MD, FRCPC
Section of Dermatology, University of Manitoba
John Embil MD, FRCPC
Department of Medicine, University of Manitoba
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 5.0 Mainpro+ credits. (ID-186097)
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 2.5 hours.
Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended.
The University of Manitoba CPD Medicine Program is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME).