Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
Elkhorn Resort Spa & Conference Centre
Venue Phone: 1-866-355-4676Address:
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
The Brandon Primary Care Conference is designed to provide a wide range of timely and challenging topics relevant to physicians working in outpatient and inpatient settings. The main program objectives are to enhance clinical competence and improve patient care. This program will feature a combination of lectures, case studies and hands-on activities.
- Identify personal vulnerabilities to burnout
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of physician burnout
- Describe strategies for preventing burnout and optimizing resilience
- Determine that lifestyle, autonomy, and retirement goals can all be supported through the financial freedom FFS provides physicians
- Identify the various sources for billing information and advice
- Manage office procedures dealing with billing, claims and instructions for staff
- List the factors that contribute to difficult encounters with patients
- Summarize general strategies for promoting more positive encounters with patients
- Review the clinical manifestations, diagnostic testing, and treatment of syphilis
- Discuss syphilis outbreak response strategies, and the significant challenges into the future
- Explain how primary care providers can address their patients’ needs in responding to Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID) through conversations on eligibility criteria, implementation and clinical and ethical challenges
- Explore practical ways primary care health providers can intervene into poverty, through the introduction of a simple clinical tool for use in various clinical settings
- Identify updates to current heart failure guidelines to optimize heart failure management
- Discuss essential medications in Palliative Care
Nurse/Allied Heath: $100
Mix and Mingle Guest Ticket: $25
CFPC GROUP LEARNING MAINPRO+ CERTIFIED
This Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for up to 6.0 Mainpro+ credits.