Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
Venue: Hotel Fort Garry
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
In parallel with the obesity/diabetes epidemic, the incidence and prevalence of NAFLD continues to rise in Canada and elsewhere. While NAFLD leads to an increasing health care burden, our understanding and the therapeutic options remain limited. It is therefore imperative that the level of knowledge and understanding of this liver disease be increased. This will require a multi-pronged approach to adequately address it from prevention, diagnosis, management, treatment and research perspectives.
The objectives for the meeting include:
- To review current knowledge on NAFLD from various perspectives
- To determine knowledge gaps to be filled by future research
- To foster informal exchange between leaders in the field and engage young investigators
- To foster research collaboration on NAFLD within Canada, North America and beyond
The 1.5-day education program aims to attract the following target audiences:
- Clinicians (of any background) interested in NAFLD
- Young investigators with an academic interest in NAFLD
- Scientists interested in NAFLD
If you are returning user/registrant please click Here to login.
To reserve your accommodations call directly to the Hotel Fort Garry (phone: (204) 942-8251). To secure meeting rates ($159.00 + Taxes per Queen, King or Double/Double for single or double occupancy), book prior to August 8, 2017, and use meeting code (10V962). The number of reserved rooms is limited and will be sold on first com/first served basis.