Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Basic Medical Sciences Building: Room-Frederic Gaspard Theatre
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
The MEDS Conference is a powerful educational event that casts a critical eye on the balance of benefit and harm of the interventions we prescribe every day. A collaboration between the Max Rady College of Medicine and College of Pharmacy, this full day Saturday event is free of industry support. It features accomplished speakers that will entertain and sharpen your judgement as you make therapeutic decisions with your patients.
At the conclusion of this educational activity, the participant should be able to:
- Acknowledge the strengths and limitations of the medical evidence and clinical practice guidelines for common health conditions.
- Explore key examples from the past and present to highlight set-backs, advancements, and shifts in therapeutic approaches to the current management of acute and chronic conditions.
- Understand the responsibility of health professionals to effectively incorporate patient preference and values into therapeutic decision-making.
- Explore practical approaches to challenging therapeutic issues using clinical evidence and clinician expertise.
New This Year:
The MEDS Conference will be available to paid registrants via livestream. At Checkout you will be asked to indicate whether you will attend live at the Bannatyne Campus or via livestream from your electronic device.
Registrants will receive connection information via email the week of the event.
0830-0900 Registration & Continental Breakfast
0900-0915 Welcome & Introduction
0915-1015 Taking the BM out of EBM (a year in review) – Shawn Bugden & Jamie Falk
1015-1040 COPD: Tripling Out on Inhalers – Cait O’Sullivan
1040-1055 REFRESHMENT BREAK
1055-1100 Audience Poll
1100-1200 Over Testing and Overtreatment: Causes, Consequences & Cures – Allen Frances
1200-1250 LUNCH – catering by Stella’s
1250-1325 Contraception – Karen Toews and Grace Frankel
1325-1350 National Pharmacare – Doug Eyolfson
1350-1355 Audience Poll
1355-1420 Meds for Glucocorticoid Associated OP: What’s to be gained? – Cait O’Sullivan
1420-1445 Biosimilars – Shawn Bugden
1445-1500 REFRESHMENT BREAK
1500-1535 Lab Test Variability – James McCormack (via Blue Jeans)
1535-1600 Urinary Incontinence and Dementia – Kristina Swain
1600-1625 Topical Analgesics – Jamie Falk
Brochure coming soon!
Early Bird registration fee expires midnight January 5, 2019.