Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
UM Bannatyne: Basic Medical Sciences Building: Room-Frederic Gaspard Theatre
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
The MEDS Conference is a powerful educational event that casts a critical eye on the balance of benefit and harm of the interventions we prescribe every day. A collaboration between the Max Rady College of Medicine and College of Pharmacy, this full day Saturday event is free of industry support. It features accomplished speakers that will entertain and sharpen your judgement as you make therapeutic decisions with your patients.
At the conclusion of this educational activity, the participant should be able to:
- Acknowledge the strengths and limitations of the medical evidence and clinical practice guidelines for common health conditions.
- Explore key examples from the past and present to highlight set-backs, advancements, and shifts in therapeutic approaches to the current management of acute and chronic conditions.
- Understand the responsibility of health professionals to effectively incorporate patient preference and values into therapeutic decision-making.
- Explore practical approaches to challenging therapeutic issues using clinical evidence and clinician expertise.
New This Year:
The MEDS Conference will be available to paid registrants via livestream. At Checkout you will be asked to indicate whether you will attend live at the Bannatyne Campus or via livestream from your electronic device.
Registrants will receive connection information via email the week of the event.
Brochure coming soon!
Early Bird registration fee expires midnight January 5, 2019.