Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
Alt Hotel Winnipeg
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
In an era of unrelenting distractions, demands, and pressures, physician leaders, now more than ever, need to learn to sharpen focus in order to thrive in the complex world of healthcare. Recent research suggests that as leaders move into more senior positions, their attention and social skills suffer. The hectic pace of leading appears to be contributing to greater stress, poorer focus, and reduced productiveness. Moreover, modern technology, such as email, has been shown to be the leading cause of workplace distraction.
- Discover how the modern healthcare workplace and multitasking contributes to distraction, addiction, and impaired performance.
- Describe the neuroscience underlying distraction, attention, learning, and mindfulness.
- Explain how attention links with self-awareness and the different levels of empathy.
- Learn how to cultivate better focus through establishing boundaries with digital devices, minimizing distractions, and applying time-management techniques.
$500 – Physicians, Faculty & Healthcare Leaders
Paul Mohapel, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D.
Registration Cancellation Policy:
A registration refund will be made upon written request on or before Sept. 25, 2017. A $35 administrative fee will be retained. No refunds will be made for cancellations after this date.