Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
Rural MBTelehealth Sites & In-Person Thompson Clinic: Room-153
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
The Community-Based CPD Program is a series of conferences and workshops available to physicians and other health care professionals practicing in rural and northern communities. Sessions consist of 1-4 hour learning sessions held on-site and via video-conferencing. In addition, all sites receive the Fridays @ the University Bannatyne Campus Program by videoconference via MBTelehealth. In order to address the unique clinical characteristics of each community, this program is led by community physicians who chair each session. These physicians identify the learning needs of their colleagues and work with the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences to organize CPD events.
The Community-Based Program is supported by an unrestricted education grant from the Office of Rural and Northern Health.
- Travel Medicine Update*
- Motivational Interviewing
- De-prescribing in the Elderly*
- Renal Health in Primary Care (bridging from hospital to office)
- Workers Compensation Assessment*
- Chronic Back Pain*
- Chronic Opioid Abuse*
- Spirometry in Family Care
- Dyslipidemia Update*
- The Myalgia Workup
- Topics in Rural Emergencies
- Dizziness in the Cardiac Patient*
*Denotes a CFPC 99 priority topic in Family Medicine
**Topics subject to change
CFPC Group Learning Mainpro+
This Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for up to 2.0 Mainpro+ credits per session
- Annual Registrants of Community-Based CPD Programs may attend any of the Fridays @ the University: Bannatyne Campus Program sessions at no additional charge.
- Registrants from Churchill, Dauphin, Flin FLon, Hamiota, Roblin, and The Pas will receive all Thompson-based events via MBTelehealth.
Ingrid Toews PhD
Mitch Cosman MD
Jamie Falk and Shawn Bugden
Jonathan Gabor MSc MD FRCPC SCH (Dec 15 and Mar 16)
Clare Ramsey MD
Rochelle Van De Velde MD BSc FRCPC
Cheryl Rockman-Greenberg MDCM FRCPC FCCMG
Asad Junaid MD
Michael Routledge MD MSc CCFP FRCPC