Event Date & TimeClick the calendar icon to add events
to your Personal Calendar
* You must be logged in to purchase event tickets.
Who is eligible for this training?
All providers with experience in delivering CBT for mood, anxiety, or PTSD in primary care, specialty, or self-help organizations. Primary care physicians and specialists who are interested in using CBTm strategies as part of their individual or group-based treatments are also welcome.
At the conclusion of this event:
- Participants will learn about the development of and rationale behind CBTm classes for mood, anxiety, and posttraumatic stress symptoms/disorder.
- Participants will learn about the work our team has done to date in implementing CBTm classes across over 20 sites in the country (primary care, military, veterans, and self-help organizations) on reducing wait times and improving symptoms.
- Participants will learn how the CBTm content has been adapted for use with public safety personnel and the results of a pilot randomized controlled trial in this population.
- Participants will receive 7.5 hours of training in CBTm class content and monitoring the outcomes of the classes.
- Following training, participants will have the opportunity to engage their clients in a research study to evaluate a web-based, self-directed CBTm course.
Workshop times are in Central Standard Time zone
May 3, 2021
1200 – 1300 Background, implementation and science behind CBTm classes
1300 – 1315 Overview of training
1315 – 1330 Break
1330 – 1430 Class 1 CBT Model, cognitive therapy
1430 – 1445 Break
1445 – 1545 Class 2 Behavior therapy, goal setting
1545 – 1600 Break
1600 – 1700 Class 3 Healthy living, sleep
May 10, 2021
1200 – 1300 Class 4 Problem solving,
1300 – 1315 Break
1315 – 1415 Class 5 Responding to stress , Wellness plan
1415 – 1430 Break
1430 – 1600 Implementation, research and evaluation of classes, and web-based course
1600 – 1615 Break
1615 – 1700 Feedback and evaluation of training
This event was co-developed with the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba and was planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 8.5 hours.
Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended.
The University of Manitoba CPD Medicine Program is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME).
The link to connect will be emailed to registered participants 24-48 hours prior to the event.
Other health professionals: $65
A full refund less a $35 administrative fee will be given if cancelled 14 days or more before each event date. No refund will be given past this date.